Complete France Forum

Expatshield won't load

[quote user="Jay"][quote user="cooperlola"]

Much discussion about this here: http://www.completefrance.com/cs/forums/3/2404649/ShowPost.aspx#2404649

[/quote]

Not the same problems Coops. The problem is well documented, try looking HERE for the solution.

[/quote]Aha, thanks.  I have now dumped Expatshield myself  as I was sick of the ads and other endless hiccups and must admit that I coughed up for a year of Onspeed.  Works a treat.[:)]

[quote user="cooperlola"][quote user="Jay"][quote user="cooperlola"]

Much discussion about this here: http://www.completefrance.com/cs/forums/3/2404649/ShowPost.aspx#2404649

[/quote]

Not the same problems Coops. The problem is well documented, try looking HERE for the solution.

[/quote]Aha, thanks.  I have now dumped Expatshield myself  as I was sick of the ads and other endless hiccups and must admit that I coughed up for a year of Onspeed.  Works a treat.[:)][/quote]

I had Onspeed for years when I was on dial up, can't fault it. Apart from Expatshield going down last week with a technical hicup I don't have any problems and have never seen an advert from them.

[quote user="pachapapa"]Does the size of the file downloaded correspond with the size of the file for downloading on the server?[/quote]

Good thinking!!  The file should be 260kb but I am only receiving 82kb.

[quote user="Jay"]

The problem is well documented, try looking HERE for the solution.

[/quote]

I read through the list and tried the suggestions that were appropriate but still didn't work.

I've sent an email off to Expatshield to see if they have any other ideas.  Thanks for the help.

[quote user="Opifex"]

[quote user="pachapapa"]Does the size of the file downloaded correspond with the size of the file for downloading on the server?[/quote]

Good thinking!!  The file should be 260kb but I am only receiving 82kb.

[quote user="Jay"]

The problem is well documented, try looking HERE for the solution.

[/quote]

I read through the list and tried the suggestions that were appropriate but still didn't work.

I've sent an email off to Expatshield to see if they have any other ideas.  Thanks for the help.

[/quote]

That file will be the installer file, when you get it all, a double click will open a pop-up window showing the progress of the download of the Programme file proper.

I'm using Expat;  I too hated the adverts but there is a trick.  

I ONLY switch on Expat for the BBC iplayer and click off for other sites.    That way you avoid all the silly adverts and 'flashy' stuff that affect web pages.   

There is a section on the toolbar - at least on mine - which indicates 'Expat Shielf Off' in red, with a little red button on the bottom toolbar across the screen.    When I go to BBC it's just a case of clicking on, going through a simple turn on for Expat - and voila !!!

Sad when something that should be a help goes and throws its toys out of the pram for a short while !!!     But worth sticking with I think;   for those of us who wouldn't be using BBC iPlayer all that often seems a shame to spend money if there's alternatives.

Chessie

Archived