Complete France Forum

connecting tv to dvd/video?

Hi,

I have Thomson tv set and had separate video and dvd players connected and have a sky box.

A friend gave me a JVC all in one dvd/video player.

Since this would save room on the shelf unit I tried to connect the JVC unit.

However I  cannot get it to automatically regulate the videoplayer with the tv!!

I get a screen when I change tv to AV2 position (which was the video position previously) with a L-1 with auto BUT when I press ok expecting auto to start regulating the two bits of equipment nothing happens!

I can also obtain F-1  auto screen but same problem as above.

Any advice to a non technical[8-)] o.a.p.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "automatically regulate".  Do you mean when you are watching something playing on the recorder, then it doesn't change channels by default, or is it a timer issue?  It sounds on the face of it to be a compatability problem - was your old kit Thomson or another make?  If the former then it might have been able to "chat" to the TV whilst the new kit can't.  The L-1 stuff doesn't mean much to me I'm afraid - all these bits of kit are different.  Do you have model numbers?

THANKS.

Thomson tv 4years old27LB030B5 and JVC REF.HR-XVS30EF about 5 years old.

With prevous cheap ORION  video  I could switch on AV2 and record a programme.Now I am supposed to set the tv channels with the video unit so I can record.This is not happenning.

NOTHING CHANGED AND I do not have a twin LNB on dish.Is it necessary to have a twin LNB when you have 1piece of equipment that can play dvd and videos?/

I think the problem lies in the video NOT recognisingt he channel I am playing which I want to record at the same time to give to my daughter.

tks

I suspect this is something to do with the output channel of the recorder then, not the telly.  Without knowing your particular bits of kit, I don't know for sure but have a look at the remote for your recorder.  Is there a button which says something like "input select"  "AV" or something similar?   I did have JVC once but can't remember their nomenclature.  If so, try pressing these slowly a few times and see if that works. 

I'm quite successful at this kind of thing when I'm there and can fiddle about but find it hard to explain, especially as these bloomin' things do vary somewhat!

No, you don't need a twin LNB unless you want to record a different channel from the one you are actually watching at the time.

Right, I have found out how to do this but to be honest, there's a page or two of instructions and without the accompanying diagrams they're not easy to convey on here.  The bit you want is on pages 30 and 31 of the manual.  If you don't have a manual you can download one here:

http://safemanuals.com/user-guide-instructions-owner-manual/JVC/HR-XVS30EF-_F

Otherwise I'll try to give it a go at transmitting the info' but it's probably far easier if you just follow the instructions.   The manual isn't available in English, but other JVC models probably use the same system.

Archived