Complete France Forum

DVD component leads show no signal

Hello

Connected a new TV to other existing eqipment and have a problem with the DVD to TV connection.

Am using a new set of Belkin component leads, the usual 3 for video and 2 for audio.

The TV shows ' No Signal ' when switched to the component source, and doesn't recognise the DVD player is on and running.

Connected the DVD player with a scart lead with no problems, but this tv only has one scart socket I wanted to connect with the superior component leads so that the scart socket is left free for the Sky box.

Have I miss connected or failed to switch something which causes this to happen perhaps? Or is there a common fault when using component leads?

The tv is a Samsung LE40C530 LCD, the leads are new Belkin, the DVD is a Toshiba SD290EKB about 1 year old and working fine with old and new tv via a scart.

Many thanks

The Amazon link is for a different model. the SD390EKB not the SD290EKB

According to the manual available here, it has component connections.

see page 20, video set up to choose Component output as An0 suggests....

Video Out

The video output of the DVD player can be selected

as “Component”, “RGB” or “P-Scan”.

A  In ' Video ', press  / to select  { Video Out },  

then press  .

{ Component }

Select this for composite video or component video

connection. 

{ RGB }

Select this for Scart connection.

{ P-Scan }

Select this when you connect your DVD player to

your TV, which has component video inputs that

supports progressive scan.

B  Use  /  to select a setting and press OK to con-

frm.

 If the progressive scan feature is activated but

the connected TV does not support progressive

scan, press number button “1” with the disc tray

opened to set the video output of the DVD player to

“Component”.

make sure that the component input is selected on the TV - source button, top right on the remote.

Danny

Thank you all.

The various input options are pretty clear on the screen so that's not the problem. In fact it's only possible to get the 'No Signal' message when in Component mode.

After reading these comments it has made me think that the DVD player is locked into RGB maybe?

When the DVD player was connected for the first time it was into an analogue tv via a scart lead. Is it possible that the first use automatically sets the video out to what it finds, ie RGB (scart) and until I reset it will only send signals via the scart connection?

I guess that the problem is I can't get into the menu via the component connection but will have to use the scart connection to access the menu. But then switching to component will cut the transmission via scart?

Not near the tv at the moment but will try this later.

Thanks

Thanks Danny, I did go into the menu via the scart connecton and yes it was set to RGB as the option when first used.

Changing to component source was straight forward although on completing that and trying to view a DVD through the component link still didn't work. A new message appeared something in the order of the component connection wasn't made.

I did what I would do with a computer and switched the tv and DVD player off and then on again and they both reset.

Now have fabulous DVD playback at the click of a button.

Thanks for pointing out the possibilities, just so pleased that people are prepared to give their time.

Jamie

Archived