Complete France Forum

FreeSat and Sky?

Just had delivered to son in Uk a Panasonic Viera TX-L37V20B 37-inch Widescreen Full HD:  ready to collect shortly. I wanted FreeSat in order to watch sport in HD but still keep my fairly basic Sky subscription for other channels. Is it possible to connect the feed from the dish by way of a splitter to both the Sky box and directly to the Sat input on the television, thereby choosing, presumably via the AV input which one I wish to view, or is there another easier option?

The Panasonic TV will only work on freesat with a dedicated connection. As you say you have a basic Sky box then you will need two feeds from your dish via a twin LNB. I would recommend a quad LNB even though you will only need to connect two feeds currently but it will give you the capability of adding extra feeds in the future should you wish to upgrade your Sky box or to add a recorder. A Splitter will not work and you really need permanent connections as both Sky and Panasonic will from time to time send upgrade signals to their equipment.

Baz

Baz

Thanks for that, sounds logical!

One other complication is that I would like a small television in my box room next to the lounge so that when I want to watch sport without upsetting Mrs CJ, I can disappear!

I am thinking that when I get connected with the two LNB's I can then use splitters to divert the signal to the other television if required, would that be possible? Oh, and what is the French for LNB!!!!!?

Archived