Complete France Forum

E mail address

Hi, this might sound a bit trivial but I am a little perplexed because yesterday I received an e mail from Le-guide-Michelin@infos-privees.info which was not actually addressed to me. I am with SFR and the first name was the same as mine but the second part of the address was completely different eg. sandra.******@sfr.fr I was just wondering if anyone knows how this could happen.

[quote user="Mimi"]Hi, this might sound a bit trivial but I am a little perplexed because yesterday I received an e mail from Le-guide-Michelin@infos-privees.info which was not actually addressed to me. I am with SFR and the first name was the same as mine but the second part of the address was completely different eg. sandra.******@sfr.fr I was just wondering if anyone knows how this could happen.[/quote]

It sounds to me like a spam email, which has been sent out to large numbers of people. A look in the email headers might indicate what is going on.

Regards

Pickles

Thanks Pickles for your reply. It is a genuine e mail (albeit a marketing one) from Michelin. The header and message properties show that it is only addressed to one person. Obviously a blip on the servers somewhere along the way. My God! I get enough of these emails trying to sell me stuff without getting them for other people!

Archived