Complete France Forum

All working here ppp.

I did read somewhere that there were some breaks in analogue cable feeds just after midnight and there was speculation that AB3 might have briefly left the air in connection with the IDF technical upheavals.

However,   we were watching TF1 AB3 analogue yesterday lunchtime (partly because the portable TV in the conservatory is 4:3 and the analogue aspect ratio (I guess it's 14:9 as a compromise) looks better on it than 16:9).

Come back if we can help further - although I'm slightly surprised (voir étonné!) that a chap of your technical futuristic leanings and drive is still checking AB3 SECAMs!

Maybe - looking at your avator (or whatever those pictures are called) the Americans have specifically targeted your set up in order to stop you getting French TV by this route.

[quote user="Martin963"]All working here ppp.

I did read somewhere that there were some breaks in analogue cable feeds just after midnight and there was speculation that AB3 might have briefly left the air in connection with the IDF technical upheavals.

However,   we were watching TF1 AB3 analogue yesterday lunchtime (partly because the portable TV in the conservatory is 4:3 and the analogue aspect ratio (I guess it's 14:9 as a compromise) looks better on it than 16:9).

Come back if we can help further - although I'm slightly surprised (voir étonné!) that a chap of your technical futuristic leanings and drive is still checking AB3 SECAMs!

Maybe - looking at your avator (or whatever those pictures are called) the Americans have specifically targeted your set up in order to stop you getting French TV by this route.
[/quote]

Live in a cuvette where TA was always poor, so AB3 was an easy way out; could be a connection; but watched the lady singers on chabada monday night; TFI 13 zilch on the small cathodic in the dining room. Weather has improved so bought forward the TNT HD project; off to test with a netbook and SD Pinnacle USB Tuner.[:D]

Sounds like a connection or similar.     We use a 1 m dish in Devon for the analogues,   even an 80 cm one would fade out occasionally in poor conditions;  (the digital transponders are more powerful and work fine on something much smaller).

But if you have "zilch" there must be a specific problem peculiar to your set up.

I assume you have checked that the TNT HD MUX (R5) is operating in your area...?     Coverage is more limited than R1/2/3/4/6 at the moment (I speak of the terrestrial TNT,  not sat of course!)

The LCD HD set in the lounge registers the presence of a signal with a short peritel connection to the Metronic Box; the cathodic has Scarts patched on to the "spare"  three pairs of the internal telephone cable so not so reliable. In am keen however to resolve the TNT situation quickly as there is a Samsung PS50C6970 in the post as it were with an onboard Sat tuner. If I can use a terrestrial TNT aerial it will free up a lot of space and cables in an already restricted area.

[quote user="Jane and Danny"]I don't know. I don't have an analog decoder any more to check.

According to Eutelsat, they plan to continue the analog channels via AB3 only up to 31 November 2011.

Danny

[/quote] Do you mean 30 November or 1 December?

[quote user="Rabbie"][quote user="Jane and Danny"]I don't know. I don't have an analog decoder any more to check.
According to Eutelsat, they plan to continue the analog channels via AB3 only up to 31 November 2011.

Danny
[/quote] Do you mean 30 November or 1 December?[/quote]

blank verse iambic pentameters...luv em

[quote user="Rabbie"][quote user="Jane and Danny"]I don't know. I don't have an analog decoder any more to check.

Danny

[/quote] Do you mean 30 November or 1 December?[/quote]

it is a special leap year in France this year to mark the end of analog..... [:$]

Danny

Archived