Complete France Forum

I have always had to reboot the Livebox now and again to restore the internet link and the phone but I've now lost the phone and can't get it to work by rebooting.

The phone has the engaged sound when you try to use it. I've tried for two days to no avail.

Any suggestions before I make the 80km round trip to the Orange Shop with the Livebox

Going into Livebox on the internet says "reboot the Livebox, there is an error"

John

Firstly to get a new box you need a returns number. You can call the French help-desk or if you prefer the English language help-desk who's number is the the FAQ's at the beginning of this section of the forum.

I personally would try a factory reset, I will tell you how in a minute. Firstly you need to know or find the letter you received with your Internet login and password, the login name will start with fti/

To do a factory reset you need something like a toothpick and you need to look around the box for a small hole with the word 'reset' above it. There are two different box's and as I don't know what you have your just have to look for it yourself. Once you have found the hole push the toothpick inside, you should 'feel' a push button. Press harder to activate the push button and watch the lights on the box, they should all start to flash then cascade from one side to another then all come on, release the button and wait. You won't get green lights up because it no longer knows your login so if you used an Orange disk you need to run the setup again (I think buit I have never used it) but if you set it up manually you need to go in to the box and enter the login (the fti/ bit is already there so you just need the bit after it) and of course the password. Give it a few minutes and it should start to fire up, the phone may take up to five minutes to get going. Good luck.

Had the exact same problem a couple of years ago. Rang the helpline. Then spent 20 mins doing the things I'd already done (reset, factory reset). In the end the guy agreed that the internet connection was fine but the phone needing resetting on the server and that it would be done within e very few hours. Bye bye.

I was suspicious but indeed, a few hours later the phone returned and has been fine since.

Incidentally our livebox resets itself every 3 or 4 days and in wet windy weather as often as every 5 mins. Essentially the infrastructure from FT is sh1t - old lines, connections etc. In many ways we are lucky to get a connection at all!

Archived