Complete France Forum

Orange Live box + satelite?

Just a quicky if someone could help.  Just arrived fresh off the boat, got my Orange live box up and running but not TV.  Silly question time, please don't laugh at me.  Does the Live box get TV via the internet or a satellite dish not supplied?  My French really is being shown up as being almost worthless, I can make out something about a satellite but not weather you need one or just that you can plug one in if you want.

Please help, I need another 40 channels of TV I can't understand to help enrichen my life.

On a more positive note, I am really enjoying my new life here[:D]

TV can come via the Interent but only if you have a fast enough connection, think 8mb or so.

If you don't have that then you need a dish (not supplied) pointed at 19.2E for Astra 1 and/or 13E for Hotbird.

Welcome to France BTW [;-)]

EDIT:

This is my Sky/French set up.

[IMG]http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p123/biskitboyo/DSCN5568.jpg[/IMG]

Ah, thanks for that AO.  I take it your big dish is for the Sky, it she smaller one an old Sky dish?  I brought my old Sky one over with us so I have that if needed but how the heck do I find a hot bird?  I've been lurking round the plage looking for them bit I think it may be a bit too early[;-)]

Thanks for the welcome too, it's been really great so far, a bit annoying at times like when Orange sent my package to Chalais the day after I called from the UK to organise it then it got returned the day we arrived despite them being told our arrival date.  Then it taking 2 weeks to get it sent out again.  But we got there in the end and that's all that matters.  I am trying not to bring my winging pop attitude here with me[8-|]

No, the small one is a standard UK Sky dish with a quad LNB, the bigger one is for French TV and my son got it for me in UK. It has has monoblock (dual LNB with 6deg separation) for Astra & Hotbird.

The Sky dish is perfectly adequate in 46 except for in the very worst rainstorms.

Dishpointer.com is invaluable for aligninment.

Re Orange, you'll quickly get used to s%*t like that, it's the French way [:D]

Hot birds - your personal  reasons for coming to France are none of my business [:$]

Archived