Complete France Forum

Lost Red Button Facility on UK TV

On turning on my UK television this morning I was offered, and accepted, a software update. At the end I did an automatic re-tune of the channels as requested but I now can't get the BBC Red Button to work i. e I press it on my remote control but nothing appears on the TV screen.

For questions about freeview I suggest joining :

http://notonyourtelly.co.uk/forum/

or search on Satcure.

NB The owner/administrator/head honcho of the site is somewhat grumpy and always complains if exact details of location and equipment are not given. On the other hand it is his site.

[quote user="cooperlola"]

How do you get your "red button" services?  Are you on Freeview/Freesat or Sky?

I ask because we get no red button service on Freesat here at all and never have. 

[/quote]

Odd, I get red button service (not that it's worth a lot) here in 09 from freesat...

[quote user="tonyv"][quote user="cooperlola"]

How do you get your "red button" services?  Are you on Freeview/Freesat or Sky?

I ask because we get no red button service on Freesat here at all and never have. 

[/quote]

Odd, I get red button service (not that it's worth a lot) here in 09 from freesat...

[/quote]I'll have another go but we discussed this on here recently and one of the TV gurus seemed to confirm my findings (the fact that I can only watch the F1 forum on the Sky Box is my only problem with this.)

Sorry about the hijack Benjamin.  I hope you find a solution.

We get red button on Foxsat Freesat-don't know about motor racing, but my wife watches the different matches at Wimbledon etc. and I watch alternative Rugby matches. Whilst it is not the full "Sky" type, the service is due to be improved shortly. I am in the process of changing to Technisat. Hope it continues.

[quote user="pettersmith"]This option is only worked in some cases, When the channel some new offer and you want to join in that offer then only this red button will work other wise this function is disable.

[/quote]

Could you please repeat that in English?

Archived