Complete France Forum

Anybody using an AOL Box in France and if so do you have a WiFi card in it. If you do have a card where can I get one? Failing that can anyone suggest how I can get the wife's HP 1045ef portable hooked up to the AOL box by WiFi as she wants to use it remotely in the house? The HP has WiFi on board.........................JR

Ok well I did send them an email asking if they had cards for the AOL box and if so how much. I also told them the model number and make of the computer we wanted to connect this way. Their reply was:

(Translation from the French)

"To be able to connect via WiFi, you can purchase a WiFi card for your specific hardware on the market. Important: To configure a WiFi connection, you not only have a WiFi card in your modem (which serves as a transmitter) but also a WiFi adapter (receiver) on your computer (unless you have a PC equipped a Centrino chip or an Airport card for Macintosh)."

Which shows that they did not bother to check if HP was equipped with WiFi and one would assume that they don't do a card themselves as they suggest going elsewhere to buy a card. Neither did they indicate that they have some other box which is WiFi compatible! I am not a happy paying customer just now! They then sent me an email inviting me to fill in a survey about customer satisfaction. So far I have restrained myself!.....JR

Archived