Complete France Forum

Recording French TV?

A few years ago, when faced with this problem, I had to buy a capture card for my PC which I used in conjunction with (I think) Roxio software. Whether this will still be necessary with digital transmission I am not sure. Do you HDMI sockets on your computer?

I solved the problem by buying a PVR (in my case LG) containing a hard drive and a DVD writer. It contains an electronic programme guide and I can record onto the hard drive and transcribe programmes onto DVD when I want. But you may not want to go to this amount of trouble..

Unfortunately it's yesterday and it's available to watch via the internet and not on the TV now. If it were now or tomorrow I could just record it straight from the TV onto our DVD recorder/player.

This is the site http://tour-de-france.sport.francetv.fr/resumes-et-emissions?id=rhozet_tdf_villagedepart_20110717_588_17072011162910_F3

Jonzjob

Were you lucky enough to get pictures of Carcassonne /Trebes ?  I didn't watch the TV coverage, just saw them coming through, but I gather none of the villages in the local area were covered by the TV cameras, though there were lots of helicopters and they could have had some lovely views of the canal and the minervois ....

No Judith. They started on Eurosport almost at Homps after showing a very small bit of the start. We were on the canal bridge in Trebes and I got a load of photos there. We were amaised at the number of cars, more than 100 I would say, and the size of the caravan!

I have just got that link working Norman, thank you. I think that It gives a lot more than the Eurosport and yes I do have an HDML cable That will connect to both the TV and MacBook and I have a DVD recorder with a hard disk. So that sounds a possibility, a 5 hour possibility!

I do believe that it will have to wait until tomorrow. Ta for the ideas folks!!

Archived