Complete France Forum

How do I increase computer's memory?

[quote user="Gardener"]Thanks for the advice. The computer is old and very shabby looking so I wasn't looking at spending a lot of money on it. I am quite keen to have a go at building one though, I will keep googling and see if it is a feasible winter project for a computer numpty.[/quote]

For another £20 Dabs will sell you a new case and PSU!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is an alternative idea, why not change it in to a media server, the only thing you will need to upgrade is the HDD. You can put all your photo's, movies, recorded TV and music in one box. Buy a cheap raid controller and a couple of 1TB disks so you never loose anything and you can view or hear it all on your TV, HiFi, PC and over the Internet on say your mobile phone. Not only that but it will automatically backup and computer connected to it and with the right network chip set or card will even turn the computer on to back it up and off when it's finished. All this for about £90.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Windows-OEM-software-intended-builders/dp/B001E5Q8CO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1311409126&sr=8-1

Archived