Complete France Forum

Order of Postings

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to view discussion postings in correct numerical order, I appreciate that at the moment they appear to follow previous postings that are being replied to, but I find it awkward to follow.

Nick Clark

If a person is careless once it's their fault, if they are careless a second time it's your fault.

Nick

I agree - it can get very confusing !

One simple thing that does help is when people start their response with the name of the person they are responding to - at least then you can see who is responding to what !

It also has the advantage of being polite and reminding ourselves that there is a human being at the other end of our response, not just a computer !

Best wishes

Chris

• 2 weeks later...
LAST EDITED ON 28-Nov-02 AT 01:55 PM (GMT)

>I appreciate that at the
>moment they appear to follow
>previous postings that are being
>replied to, but I find
>it awkward to follow.
>

I entirely agree. The muddle spoils what is otherwise an excellent site.

• 3 weeks later...
>Can anyone tell me if it
>is possible to view discussion
>postings in correct numerical order,
>I appreciate that at the
>moment they appear to follow
>previous postings that are being
>replied to, but I find
>it awkward to follow.

As a web designer I totally agree with you. It is quite easy to resolve this and I have been very surprised that it hasnt happened; trying to read messages here is very fustrating and takes more time than it should....

But I think that not only should the thread list be in numerical order, there really should also be the facility to cycle through messages without always having to go back to the list.

All that is needed is to have arrow graphics (or some such) linked to a bit of code that would allow us to cycle foward or backwards in a thread and/or jump to a particular message number -- these would automatically appear. Its really quite basic (see Yahoo Groups which has been around for ages)!!

Lisa

Archived