Complete France Forum

Just wondered whether anybody else has experienced problems in emailing to AOL addresses in the last week or so?

Both our sons have AOL addresses, but in neither case is that their ISP. Over the last couple of days I have had 3 messages come back (after a 3 day delay) with 'undeliverable' notations.

It's not a big problem - none of the messages were crucial - but it's just a bit irritating.

No problems with messages elsewhere. 

AOL email address's can be a problem when it comes to reception, its something to do with how they detect spam and is a 'known' issue. Have a look round the web and you may find a list of problems with AOL. You can also tell your sons to add your email address to their 'white list' which may help. Your emails may also be in their 'junk' box.

Still a problem I'm afraid.

Did some tests in 'realtime' with a pal who is also AOL and to whom my messages are bouncing. I'm on his 'whitelist' and my messages aren't in his SPAM. A test message failed, though I haven't had the 'undeliverable' back yet - due in 2 days time!

I had a good look on the web and yes, there's loads of problem stories on there. Tried ringing the UK helpline, but it isn't recognising either my French phone no or my son's UK one (it's my phone tone I think), so you can't get past 'go'.

Tried their Irish number - constantly engaged.

Just sent an email to 'Postmaster' with the problem details, but since it's an AOL address, it'll probably get bounced with a report back in 3 days time!!!![:'(]

I can't even get to a human being to shout at.[blink]

• 4 weeks later...
[quote user="Gardian"]

Just sent an email to 'Postmaster' with the problem details, but since it's an AOL address, it'll probably get bounced with a report back in 3 days time!!!![:'(]

[/quote]

Fixed - I think!

Email confirmation of receipt of my problem request on 1/9.  In truth, messages seemed to have been getting through from about then.

Today, I received this:

Your issue has been resolved.  Please allow two business days for delivery to improve.  If you are still receiving errors after two business days, please submit a new support request at http://postmaster.aol.com/SupportRequest.Other.php .

No "Hello, goodbye or kiss my ***", let alone any form of apology. Anyway thanks Quillan, your advice worked, but it took a lot of furtling around.   

Archived