Complete France Forum

Orange Internet problems

Is anyone else having minor problems with orange.fr? Yesterday my daughter, who has been e-mailing successfully for 5 years had her e-mails to me rejected by "postmaster" at orange. It isn't just one e-mail but over the last 24 hours. Each one she has copied to my yahoo account and that has gone through fine. Some times other peolple get e-mails they are sending rejected also. Anyone got any ideas?

It's difficult to tell without the exact message but it could be to do with spam.

Most Internet companies, and I am talking world wide, use one of two spam databases, sometimes both. There is every possibility that her email address has been used to spam mail. That does not mean her account has been hacked it just means somebody has used her name. What you have to do is contact Orange and give them the exact message. They will pass this on to the 'server team' who will then remove her name from their 'spam' list.

Would this message mean anything Quillan?

Reason: Rejection greeting returned by server.

Diagnostic code: smtp;550 mwinf5c20 ME Service refuse. Veuillez essayer

plus tard. Service refused, please try later. OFR006_103 203.97.33.68 [103]

Remote system: dns;smtp-in.orange.fr

(TCP|203.97.33.68|32989|193.252.22.92|25)

Looks like what I had with an email sent to me. I had to contact Orange. Don't forget they have a English speaking helpline if you need it. You have to give them the error when you contact them. It took them three days to sort it out but they were quite efficient and called me back when it was done.

"Refused, Please Try Later" is indicative of an overloaded (or broken or crashed) mail server at Orange's end. It looks to me that this is not a spam-filtering job, but simply a transitory hardware failure.

Trying again is the recommended course of action.

Just to update contributors re my problem. Having spoken to the english speaking orange helpline this morning I was referred to the "abuse" section and received the following reply to my complaint - This IP address is blocked on our platform bacause we received huge phishing spam messages coming from this IP.

I've now had to write back to them to ask what they intend to do about it.....

[quote user="minnie"]Just to update contributors re my problem. Having spoken to the english speaking orange helpline this morning I was referred to the "abuse" section and received the following reply to my complaint - This IP address is blocked on our platform bacause we received huge phishing spam messages coming from this IP. I've now had to write back to them to ask what they intend to do about it.....[/quote]

That's what I had and the same message, they fixed it in a couple of days. Thing was it was a business address for a company I was dealing with and it was a bit embarrassing, for them mainly.

Archived