Complete France Forum

Sunday 12th Feb - something happening with Astra/Sky?

Last Sunday I had a most strange happening with the Sky+ system.

When the channel menu was called up, a number of the channels were showing "No programme information available".  This was from late morning (when I first looked in to see what was on) until 6pm.  After that the information was there. 

Scrolling down, the "curser" just skipped over the channel and you could not select the channels with this message.

You could however get to the channels by choosing the channel above/below and using the channel up/down button to get to the channel without information.  Signal strength was high and signal quality was up around 90% on these channels.

There were probably around 40-50 channels involved including:

BBC2 (but not 1, BBC1 HD) Discovery shed (but not the other 2 discovery channels at 240 and 241) and many of the documenary channels.

After 6pm everything returned to normal.

Another Freesat box on the same 4 way LNB had no problems with picking up the program menu for BBC2.

Any ideas from the experts as to what was going on?

In my case I'm not contributing anything as you - andyh4 - were gratuitously unpleasant to me on another thread about passport control delays.

What goes around etc.....

Not that I classify myself as an expert,  although under normal circumstances I'm delighted to try and help folk out....

Archived