Complete France Forum

Orange English Service

Having read some negative comments about the service I followed one of the tips - keep trying to phone until the service opens in the morning. The result a couple of messages that they were not open and then through to someone.

The reason for calling - when we bought the house 5 years ago the previous owners had the phone connected. However, we thought it was not woth it for a few weeks  year. Now we are retired and we shall be spending months and not weeks the phone and internet would be nice.

The chap was very helpful and came comparative costs for connection all the time and based on 5.5 months as a maison secondaire. He also specified how long connection would take. He then said that he would call me back next morning to find out what I wanted to do.

Next morning and no call so I thought 'oh well'. Then early in the afternoon the call and an apology saying he had training in the morning (do not know if true). I said that we would not be in France for a number of weeks so it would seem sensible to wait before connecting so that we do not start paying for a service until we are thHe has therefore arranged to call me later this month.

So far so good.

Paul  

Archived