Complete France Forum

Odd fone problem. Any ideas svp?

I have an internet fone with one of the big companies, SFR which provides free international calls plus internet connection . I fone the UK sometimes several times a day and Belgium once or twice per week. However, in the last few days I have had a problem and was wondering is anyone has had the same.

When I call, I cannot hear the person at the other end or their answer fone though they can hear me. It applied to the Belgian calls for a couple of days but is ok again, but seems intermittent to the UK. It worked last night but I can't get through again this morning.

Any ideas as to what is going on, svp?

We had an SFR Neufbox until we moved recently and changed to Orange.

A couple of months ago it happened that we had not made any calls out on it for a while. The phone had rung a few times with no answer when I picked it up. I tried to make a call on it one day but could hear no answer.

I called the phone from our second line and found that it rang, but there was no voice connection, although the internet connection worked normally.

I contacted SFR on Live Chat and they tested the line whilst I called them on it. I was told it was now fixed, but it might be necessary for a technician to come to the house.

After that it worked fine but I never saw any technician.

Edit: Sorry, it was the Orange Livebox which had the problem described, and I called them on my mobile phone to sort it out. SFR are not usually that quick off the mark

Archived