Complete France Forum

HELP RE MODEM SET UP

hi,

My old neuf modem crashed or whatever and I also when trying to use a spare Billion modem my son gave me crashed my Acer laptop resulting in a message saying CRPT32.d11 driver is missing coming onto screen which I could not sort out.Now at Shop and they said will need to download a lot of drivers etc in English from the internet as they only have French info.This may double the repair cost. My son said surely if they loaded French info. then since my p.c. has a user/control panel to set it to English!

All goobblygook to me as I am a late user of the internet!!!

Next problem....i received a new neufbox sfr modem different to my old model which was only for internet use.I have tried to use my wife's laptop to get back on line until my Acer is repaired!

The new box is white and has acces,traffic,tel,tv.,wifi and alarm lights as well as different connecters.

I managed to get it to work with an ethernet cable so fa but no light on tel or tv.

1.AS MY NEUF/SFR CONTRACT IS FOR INTERNET AND TEL. CALLS and I have France Telecom for a fixed line for emergency use,will i GET CHARGED BY THE LATTER AS NO LIGHT SHOWING ON THE NEW MODEM?

Or since ethernet connects then will my tel.calls be identified by neuf.??

2.When I unplug ethernet cable and try to use wifi in another room it does not connect!I have pressed a bouton cadenas then OK within 1 minute ,but no success.

My French is not good about 50 years since grammar school!

Appreciate any advise before I self distruct!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote user="chirpy"]

The new box is white and has acces,traffic,tel,tv.,wifi and alarm lights as well as different connecters. [/quote]

First things first: which of THESE is your SFR/Neuf box?

Once this is determined, I might be able to help.

Second: did you use to get TV via your old Neufbox? If not, then it's possible you won't with this new one either if the service is not available in your area (I can't get TV with mine, even though it's included in the package I pay for.)

First: connect your laptop to the box with a cable.

Then type the following in your address bar on the laptop: http://192.168.1.1/

This should open the control panel on your box.

By default, this is unlocked on new boxes. If it is locked, squeeze the big oblong button at the centre-top of your Neufbox for 5 seconds. The button will change colour and flash. When that happens, click on Continuer on your screen to open the control panel.

Click on the Wifi tab.

If not green and activé, go to the Configuration tab (still within the Wifi tab) and activate (see here).

The "key" your laptop needs to connect to the wifi signal is shown next to Clé under the Général tab (still within the Wifi tab) and on the label on the bottom (or side) of your Neufbox.

Come back to let us know how you get on.

Drivers are usually language neutral so it sounds like your repair shop may be setting you up for an inflated bill !

The Control Panel language options do not change the language of the machine, basically they change only the keyboard and things like currencies etc.

Archived