Complete France Forum

Wi Fi at Gite property

Hi everyone, we have a property that we rent as a Gite about 10 weeks a year and are looking at getting Wi Fi as more and more people want to access emails etc and with Facebook people seem to need to be able to tell everyone what they are doing all the time (how sad!)

Has anyone got any advice about best economical way round to provide wi fi access so that clients can access this via their iphones / Laptops / tablets etc?

We don't currently have a phone line or a live TV only a TV which plays DVDs. We don't want a phone there either but accept we may need a phone line to set up Wi Fi.

Any help would be most appreciated

A bientot!

Peter

Hi

I live in an area too far from the exchange to have ADSL over copper wire. We use a cle - mobile phone key - giving 3G at 2 meg plus which being mobile I can use elsewhere in France. Also available WIMAX which is a local wifi (10km range?) giving access, TV and VOIP phone. This is too costly for us. Then there is satellite or steam driven dialup. The main problem is all these require on going contracts so not good for you if you only require 10 weeks a year.

If you do get a land line you can arrange disconnection when you're not there, but I don't know what sort of broadband package you could get to go with this.

Kong

Archived