Complete France Forum

Hello,

i am sure this has been covered before but cannot find what I would like to know,I have a standard sky box and a free sat card.what I would like to do is just upgrade and pay for the football channels as my team (Bournemouth)have been promoted so more chance of seeing them live is it possible to upgrade a free sat card..i just wanted some advice before I phone sky and start to get the hard sell conversations.

Thanks.

John .

Your need a UK debit or credit card on a UK address, the box needs to be registerd at that address and you need to call from the UK. Once done you can bring the box back to France but don't plug it in to the phone line. If you phone from outside the UK they know apparently (caller ID perhaps?) and they won't let you have the upgrade.

A bit off-topic, but the Dutch satellite provider 'CanalDigitaal' have published information on their website stating that it will soon be possible to register a subscription on a non-Dutch address and pay with a foreign bank account, credit card or paypal.

If it is legal for them it will be legal for Sky to do the same. So there is hope for a more simple solution.[:)]

Archived