Complete France Forum

Anyone tried a SIM from "lefrenchmobile"?

The SIM-card deal from http://www.lefrenchmobile.com looks pretty good value - does anyone have any experience of them?

I'll only be going to France intermittently for the next 2 or 3 years, and while I don't want to rack up roaming charges, I don't really want a "use it or loose it" prepaid SIM either as I suspect I'd end up throwing away credit.

Lefrenchmobile's deal seems good, costing only 5/mth when you're not using the phone (i.e. not in France), with lower call charges than prepaid. It also includes GPRS which is handy for me - though all French GPRS rates appear to be astronomic (15/Mb)!

I suspect the catch is that they run on the Bouygues network which looks to have the worst coverage. We'll be near Bergerac, I've looked at the coverage maps which seem reasonable, but maps are only half the story. What's the experience with Bouygues in this area?

Any experiences or suggestions welcome!

Rick Jones

I too have posted a query on here about this company but have yet to receive a reply!

You are right in that the SIM uses the Bouyges network which is the patchiest of the three main French networks.

If the Bouyges signal is okay in your area then I think the 'Lefrenchmobile' concept is a very good one and worth considering.

Unfortunately for me the signal is very dodgy down in the south where I will be moving to, so I will probably be going with SFR.

Have you tried asking any local agents or contacts which mobile phone service they use in your area?

• 6 years later...
I know that it is a very old forum but LeFrenchMobile as launch recently a new pre-paid card service. From know instead of subscribing for few months you can subscribe for how long as you want. And to respond at the last topic, the bouygues telecom network is as good as other in France and even better in some location. I'm a seasonal worker in Meribel and I'm very happy of the service when some of my friends with Orange or SFR who receive calls while skiing!

So for me it's all good!

Also conside Leclerc. They  have a SIM  card  for as little as  1.50 per month and then you pay  for  talk  time as  required and  the  credit  is  good for up to one year...just as  good a prepaid, but  with one  year  shelf  life. I use  one  in  mycar, since it  has a  built in phone...never a problem.

• 2 years later...
For 11 Euros per month with SFR (no contact) you get free calls to 41 countries and France. You also get 50mb of data and access to their very large WiFi network when out and about. It depends I guess on how many calls you make and to where.

I use these

http://www.lycamobile.fr/en/howtouse

I got a free sim and for E20 top up they gave me E30 worth of calls...They do top up offers from time to time . Works back in the UK locks onto whoever's   signal seems to be the best in your area 

[quote user="Frederick"]I use these

http://www.lycamobile.fr/en/howtouse

I got a free sim and for E20 top up they gave me E30 worth of calls...They do top up offers from time to time . Works back in the UK locks onto whoever's   signal seems to be the best in your area 

[/quote]

I too like them, I changed from lefrenchmobile when they started charging a monthly fee. I have been using lycamobile for a while now and while on holiday last week used my phone to access the net & download emails etc., no problems and cheap rates.

Archived