Complete France Forum

We lost Ch5 access some months ago. I wouldn't normally bother, but with the Test Match highlights on there I'm keen to reinstate it.

The instructions have been on here on several occasions, but I can't find them!  Would somebody be kind enough to point me at the right thread?

All other channels are fine.  Thanks in anticipation.

Channel 5 and the rest of the '5' stable moved to a new satellite called Astra 2F. This is not so powerful as the old one, the idea is to stop people outside the UK picking up English domestic TV channels. Another satellite Astra 2E is to be launched in September (no exact date yet) and then all the other normal UK channels will move to that. So basically if you don't have C5 now you will probably have none at all by Christmas. One way you may (no guarantee) be able to get them back is to install a bigger dish but it will be a 'suck it and see' exercise. The thread I pointed to discusses people's own experiences with C5 and what they had to do to 'fix' it which will differ based on where you are in France.

Reception outside the official footprint is not stable. You might have good reception one day and no reception at all on another day/time of day/time of year. That is why so many reception reports get changed. For a good reception report you need to check the signal on a daily basis during an prolonged period.  Many '80 cm=ok for me' reports have already been revised to 'not ok'

Archived