Complete France Forum

Orange Free TV Box Failure - Help Please

Hi,

We have bought (although I believe it's actually rented for a one off fee) the white satellite/ADSL TV decoder box from orange - the one which cost 50€. It worked fine until before Christmas when all the indicator lights on the front ceased to work. Now all that happens when it's switched on at the back is that the power light flashes once.

N.B. This is not the 'LIVEBOX' for internet access.

Can anyone shed any light on what's happened? We've been through the orange.fr help screen but they leave us at the Orange Chat screen and then nothing.

It's such a faff calling out Orange and dealing with them so I'd like to get as much info as possible before calling them. Personally I think the box is dead and needs replacing.

Phone their helpline (there is an English language one if you wish -  the number is in the FAQ part of this section of the forum). After going through a few bits and bobs and if it still does not work they will give you an exchange number. Take it (including the original packaging) to your local Orange shop and they will give you a new one.

Archived