Complete France Forum

Universal Disk Format?

A question for the techies??

A friend of mine is unfortunately not got a Mac and has to rely (?) on a M/saft laptop. He is trying to load and show a DVD of a friend's 60 wedd anniversary. It won't play, so he has given it to me to try. It plays fine on my MacBook.

he file format is Universal Disk Format, UDF. Has anyone any idea as to why it won't lay on his maching running Windoze7?? ???

It won't play on his DVD TV player/recorder either, but it may not have that fascility?

Microsoft dropped support of UDF format files but apparently there is a fix for it from the windows knowledge base. This may or not work, some people have had success, others not so much

The other way to (possibly) fix it is to update the driver software for the DVD reader/writer, this has worked for some.

Thank you for your quick reply HSD. I did a quick google on the problem and found the fix and have now sent it and your reply to said mate.

Thank you again. It always amaises me just how much info and how quickly it can be got on these machines [:-))]

Archived