Complete France Forum

Web sites that charge you to visit?

Our ISP is Orange.fr

We have been seeing a strange addition to our internet bill on the odd occasion just reciently. Last month it was for 15€ and was marked as

"total de vos services ponctuels ou occasionnels"

I have been onto the English Helpline and the guy there told me that looking at his records we had visited a web site for 16 minutes and they had charged us for that visit. He couldn't tell me as they aren't allowed to know the sites we visit. He told me that I could find out by going to the Orange site  -  Espace Cliente and onto the Suivo Conso page. I spent ages trying to find that page and finished up going back onto the helpline to ask for the directions. I was told that they couldn't help me because they don't have the same web page as the customers?

I have given this a fair amount of thought since yesterday. The conclusion is that the only web sites that would put their charges on my Orange internet bill are Orange. Of course I thought about this after they are shut for the weekend! I will be calling them again Monday morning!

Has anyone else come across this?

Norman, that thread is spot on and I have just found out that when I had a look in and attempted part of the Code Route site and the question asked for the French test the crafty cowsons charge almost 1€/minute! The only way to see if it is obvious is to incur another charge by looking at the site again, which I have just done. As far as I can see there is absolutely no indication that there is any charge for the site and as far as I can see it's just like a boat load of speed cameras, purely for profit!!!!!

As Honey Sucle Dream said on the other thread "I still think this is a scam on a massive corporate scale."

Now I will definately be in touch with the help line on Monday morning! Theiving barstuards!

Thanks again Norman!

Archived