Complete France Forum

SATELLITE PROBLEMS - DO READ

I wouldn't 'panic' for a bit but wait and see over the coming weeks. We have been 'here' before last year.

I am always a bit sceptical with these websites because few of them are run by people who know technically what they are talking about. Their knowledge is mainly gained from experience of installing dishes which used to be quite simple, reading other forums and if you read carefully it is full of 'possible', 'maybe' etc, etc, which indicates that they don't really know for sure. What I can say categorically is that the channels he mentioned that moved in the last week actually moved a while back according to the SES website and seeing as they are the people who own the satellites I would tend to pay more attention to them. I did have a 'tame' technical guy at SES that I cultivated quite a while back when things first started to change but have not spoken to him for a while and I don't know if he even works there anymore. I shall try to give him a call on Monday and see if he knows anything.

I did look around the web today at other French and Spanish forums as well as installers websites in Spain and there is little or no comment about all this which I find strange and why I say to wait and see. I to now am having problems with my 150cm dish although all the channels were present at around 07:30 this morning when I checked but they have now gone. If you want the news then Sky News is still OK as is some of the CBS channels like CBS Drama (which is marked on the SES website as now being on Astra 2F and has been for some time but then it might be on wide beam).

Just an update in case anyone is interested.

The weather here has started to change and become more overcast and the temperature is dropping, we are on storm alert till tonight/ early tomorrow. Many of our channels have now come back but are pixelated, some more than others. I am still personally of the opinion that it is to do with atmospherics more than anything else but hey I may be totally wrong, best wait and see.

Archived