Complete France Forum

Orange Livebox wifi problem.

I jave just changed out Livebox 2 for a Livebox play today. All very smartass and it set itself up, well almost.. BUT, when I came to access our wifi printer that's a different story?

The printer is an Epson Stylus Photo R2000 and it's always been connected on our old Livebox by wifi, no problems, but I can't find out how to connect the blasted thing to the new box of tricks? I have been pressing the wifi access button on the rear right of the Livebox.

I have just gone through the tedious procedure of connecting my mobile to the wifi and that connected OK.

Please, has anyone any ideas how to do it?

Temporarily turn off the WiFi security, including MAC filtering which will turn itself on when you select 'No security', then see if you can connect the printer, if so you know the WiFi works after which it's a security issue which you can deal with accordingly.

Do you even need security though ?

I leave my WiFi completely open and unsecured the reason being that at the very end of a half km dead end lane there is nobody even remotely near enough to me to steal it and even if somebody wanted to they'd have to park themselves half way up my drive just to pick it up !

I have sorted it now. I had a close look through the manual (if all else fails I read it [:-))] ) and there was only one mention of wifi that I could find and that ws about not using it in hospitals!!

I had a feeling from when I bought it and first installed it that there was a 'push button sequence'? I tried several things with the Livebox selected to wifi access and finally tried pressing and holding the wifi button on the printer. After about 5 seconds the wifi light started flashing and then settled and job done!

I had tried any number of searches  to find the answer and the Epson site was worse than useless! Just as well their printer is good.

Ta for you time folks. I thought that it was a Livebox Play that wasn't going to play?

JonzJob said :

Both of our machines are Macs.

IIIRC when setting up a friend's macbook pro some years ago we opened the screen in safari, accessed the airport symbol up on the RHS and ticked the name of the (new) box. After which it connected automatically. Turning to the printer I switched to locating the printer on the Mac (forget how now) and in trying to print a document a box came up asking if we wanted to access the new box. Tick acceptance and it should be done automatically.

Sue

Edit : You got there before me, congratulations.

Archived