Complete France Forum

Buying contact lenses on the Internet

Jongleur

Hi Jongleuse here,

Thought this website might be useful for those who wear contact lenses. I had just got my precsription for the next lot of lenses and thought I'd track down on the net a cheap supplier who would post internationally.

Very fast and pleasant service, with emails detailing the order and then the despatch details. Twelve months supply and priority posting cost $69.30 (ordered on the 16th Nov and got them on 24th Nov!!) With the exchange rate being very good at the moment, I confess to being impressed.

The site is www.clecontactlenses.com

Regards
Jongleuse

• 3 weeks later...
Hi everyone, just a word of warning if you live in the UK and buy lenses over the net from America. My wife ordered some two weeks ago at a very competative rate compared to the UK. We had a card from the Royal Mail today saying they could not be delivered until we pay 40 customs duty and 4 handling fee. We buy a lot of goods from America (books, CD's etc) and have never had to pay customs before. Anyone else had any experience of this?
KESI

• 1 month later...
Having previously bought lenses online I was forced to order some locally after having considerable trouble with the company I used - not one of those mentioned here.

I was amazed to find that the French high street optician actually worked out cheaper for a 3 month supply of lenses than the online company sending from USA, and the service was faster and much more pleasant despite the poor girl having to cope with my French.

So ask your local shopkeeper before buying from overseas; you may be surprised.

Will (50)

Hi - Jongleuse here

I did actually check out the prices in the local opticians, but they are still dearer than the company I bought through, plus I could only have 6 months supply. Still we bought Jongleur's glasses from there and I get my lens solutions from there as they are cheaper.

Strangely, whilst a different named package/brand, the lenses are made by the same company as the ones I had in the UK and are made in the UK. It makes you wonder who is profiting if someone in the USA can buy them from the UK and still sell them cheaper from there.

I have been perfectly satisfied with these lenses, but took the gamble as the price was so good - with the exchange rate as favourable as it was. They also put a customs sticker on which wasn't quite the amount I paid, (but not far off) so I was a very happy Jongleuse.

Regards
Jongleuse

Archived