Complete France Forum

Fraud Warning - Wanadoo.fr

Recieved the following email.

D?ae?r wanadoo.fr Mem?eb?r,

We m?tsu? che?kc? t?ah?t yo?ru? wanadoo.fr ID was regis?deret? by r?lae? pe?po?le. So, to h?le?p wanadoo.fr prev?tne? autom?eta?d
r?tartsige?ions, p?esael? cl?ci?k on t?ih?s li?kn? and comp?tel?e c?do?e ve?cifir?ation proc?sse?:

http://wanadoo.fr/pWXe5Ug1bzmcefHiO5yutdTBIDQoP4mgP3n1JOTJMS7TB3Dyf0pUyAilf80ei

Th?kna? you.

I have contacted wanadoo and they have contacted the website that provides the URL to have it removed but this is a fraud. Also Wanadoo in France do not send out emails in English.

This could be a new form of scam so if you receive anything like this from any internet suppier either in France or the UK check it out by going to there normal home page and if there is nothing there then contact them via their website. Don't answer any of these type of emails directly.

Quillan I reported receiving e.mails from wanadoo.fr in english some weeks back so it seems they are still doing the rounds. Luckily I didn't do anything except read it but it does immediately worry you when you read "serious problem with your account" as a title and then you realise no way would it be in english.

I have had this problem with own own domain account. I run about 20 e-mail address off of it and get loads of mails like, From info@franceinfocus.net please update password and From accounts@franceinfocus.net, suspension of your account. Gets to be a real pain. I had about 30 in one dayonce and still get a few aday.

Archived