Complete France Forum

Problem sending texts from France to UK

Recently I tried to reply to a text from the UK, but it failed. Then I tried texting my son in England - failed.  I've never had this before in the ten years I've lived in France. It would have been a real problem communicating with my sons when they came over in a hurry when my husband died.

Has anyone else had this problem? Or does anyone have a solution?
I have a Free mobile contract- 2 euros a month - for use in France and Vodaphone pay as you go to contact people in UK and to use when I'm there. The phone is a basic one with dual SIM,

Had a quick look at the French Free site. It does not include the option to sent texts outside of France or DOM upless you have have done this

Option internationale (vers étranger et Outre Mer) :

Pour vos communications (appels et SMS) depuis la France métropolitaine vers les destinations non incluses dans votre Forfait, activez l’option internationale dans votre Espace abonné.

You should be able to do this on your account page. The other option is to use WhatsApp f you have wifi in the house and your phone can do this sort of thing. You can also use WhatsApp on the computer too which makes typing easier.

That's what I do!  My 2 euro monthly Free contract is only for use in France, that's why I have Vodaphone too.  When I text, I have the choice of Sim 1 - Free, or SIM2 - SFR so of course I choose SFR when texting the UK.

It's always worked before, till last week.

Frustrating....

Archived