Complete France Forum

2 Great Danes looking for new loving home

pjm

It is with much sadness that I am looking to re-home our 2 lovely Great Danes (and someone suggested posting here may help).

We will be spending long periods travelling and away from home in the near future and I do not feel it is fair on my dogs to take them on long journeys as they hate travelling nor leave them in kennels where they will pine and be lonely.

I have a Blue male, 3yrs old, French LOF, typical daft and stupid Dane, but he is a big boy and needs a firm handler.  Full pet passport, jabs, chip etc..tattoo 2DFM216

Black female, 2yrs old, French LOF, wary of strangers but a very loyal and loving dog when she trusts you.  Extremely intelligent, loves to play and run.  Full pet passport, jabs, chip etc..tattoo 2EEM174

These dogs are best friends and I am looking to re-home them together if possible, but I realise this may be difficult so would consider splitting if the right homes were found.  Both dogs to be spayed/castrated before leaving my care, and this is the only consting I want for them.  Family pets only not for breeding or guarding.

Will only consider experienced Dane or large breed owners, ideally will have large enclosed garden as dogs are used to outdoor life in cosy kennels.  NOT suited to other animals cats, livestock, poultry, as given the opportunity and together they will chase.  My male did kill a sheep once (over 2yrs ago) the problem has been reslolved (we still have a flock of sheep and the dogs) and he does not bother with them anymore, but I feel it is only fair to mention. Also children over 13yrs old only, as they are not used to young chlidren plus being big dogs are fairly clumsy.

We are in dept 61.

The situation is not "desperate" at the moment, but I do need to re-home them as soon as I can.

Archived