Complete France Forum

DUCKS - FREE TO A GOOD HOME

why not for meat?

Magret de canard is excellent :)

OK, so I'm going to be flamed to past palitable for that comment, but why raise ducks (read lambs, rabbits, etc) if you don't want to add them to the food chain? That's why they were at market in the first place, and hence how you bought the originals (presumably).

If you don't want to eat the animals you raised then swap them with a local like the locals do.

Thanks Amanda - and yes I do! Actually I never wanted to breed ducks! I keep mine for lovely tasty eggs - and share them with friends too.

It just so happened that out of 13 raised 11 were drakes - so I'd like the guys to have a great life too!

P.S. I love magret du canard - just not my own hand raised ones thanks!

Couldnt agree more I also have tame chickens and ducks, but go to the supermarket to buy the dead versions! 

We may have some for the pot one day, but those will be raised by my husband and will not roam free around the grounds (as I dont want contact with them).

I wish I had the mentality to kill our own animals, but I just find the whole thing very hard to get my head around (maybe its because I was vegetarian for 15 years previously).

Hope you find them a nice new home - preferably with a family of vegetarians [:)]

I like ducks, but.......

I may be opening the flood gates of hell here ( I know, mixed metaphor ) why would anyone want to keep more than one drake, unless for fattening and eating. No eggs, no use except for food. I know they eat slugs, but so do the egg laying females.

Now going off line to avoid the flak.

I hope you find good homes for the ducks I cannot understand people who say animals are only good for eating , some people like me actually love my ducks and chickens whatever sex they may be and have them as pets whats wrong with that! I would be very careful who you give them to as they may say they are for pets but if you go back a few months later they could be gone! and I speak from expierence

[quote user="daveyfishers"]

This is an ad offering something for free - if you're not interested or don't agree, why comment?

[/quote] probably because this is a forum and not really an advertising space like in a newspaper/magazine. People will comment as they are obviously interested. If their posts are within the forums terms of use and not against the code of conduct, that is surely acceptable even if they "don't agree"

Danny

Archived