Complete France Forum

Galgo News is launched

www.galgonews.com

LAUNCHED ON-LINE TODAY

The idea is to have a site dedicated to galgos and podencos, focussing primarily on the work of the associations in France, and their counterparts in the refuges and rehabilitation homes in Spain.

It's going to be more like a newspaper, so if anyone has any stories to tell, fundraising events to promote which could be copied in other areas, latest news, etc. email me via the galgonews website with details and we'll include it.

There links to the individual associations, so readers can connect easily to their sites.

For the adoption pages, I'm looking for dogs already in foster homes in France, or dogs particularly difficult to rehome. Again, for a complete list of dogs available for adoption, the individual association websites are the places for that.

And before anyone writes and complains that I'm not including all sighthounds, well, it's up to those people to do what I'm doing!

I'm also not including the incredible work done in the UK and Ireland with greyhounds, as my interest here is the work going on in Europe - possibly extending to America and Scandinavia, depending on how the site developes.

Any constructive feedback is welcome.

For those who might criticise, remember that all the work done on Galgo News is voluntary, including the hosting of the site.

Hope you find the site interesting.

mediabee

Mediabee

This is a wonderful thing as these poor dogs have such painful and probably, very short lives. Anything that can be done to bring their plight to the attention of everyone is really good news.

Trying to find out information about them and adoption in France is a great benefit as until recently trying to find out about the galgos in the country has not always been easy.

I wish you all the very best for this project and hope that many many people contribute to its success.

Mediabee, I find this very wonderful.

I can"t bear to see pics of their horrible fate, so I stick to the pages I can watch.

I intend to speak about your site at work . I am a teacher , so in my school there are teachers of all languages; most understand English.

I can't understand why this can still be tolerated in Europe ! Isn't there  a parliament in Brussels , that rules everything ? even our cheeses in France !

Congratulations for your site.

Morning Everyone

I just wanted to share my news with you all as I am quite excited. We have just been accepted as foster carers and are expecting our first arrival at the weekend. Roqui is a 6 month old black Pondenco looking for a forever home. I feel very blessed to be able to offer these unfortunate animals the chance to have a new start in life. The story of these dogs broke my heart when I first read about them and I was compelled to help do something about it and now i'm 'on board'! I'm thrilled, nervous, excited and probably have every other emotion going on inside of me as well.

Thanks for listening

Jacqueline

Archived