Complete France Forum

Any knitters/sewers out there?

The knitted patern is for garter stitch (i.e. all rows just plain knitting). This is the pattern:

http://www.greyhoundsinneed.co.uk/howyoucanhelp/howyoucanhelpframe.htm?http&&&www.greyhoundsinneed.co.uk/howyoucanhelp/coat2.htm

I think this would also be suitable for any older children to attempt, if they were interested!

Hello everyone.

Thank you all so much for helping out. We're at a very desperate point in the rescue centres right now. It is coming to the end of the hunting season so the centres are inundated with dogs that have been abandoned or rescued from being killed or starved. Unfortunately, the mentality of these hunters is that why keep an animal when all it does is cost you money on food etc? You might as well shoot it, starve it or just let it go and get another one next year! Barbaric!

Anyway, all of these coats, blankets, quilts, whatever will be so gratefully received I can't tell you. If you are happy to send the coats to me in the Charente-Maritime send me an email for my address then i can get them to Spain. Otherwise, I can forward the addresses of some rescue centres in Spain so you can post them direct. However, if you'd rather go to a collection point nearby then let me know where you are and i'll see if I either have a place or to try and organise one. Also, if anyone fancies taking some photo's of the articles being made or the finished product please send them to me so that I can get it on www.galgonews.com with a little write-up.

Another way of helping is with medication, flea sprays and collars, food etc. Some chemists, if asked nicely, will part with any out of date medical items for dogs if you tell them what it's for. We're currently in the process of getting a letter together in french to give to the chemist's, Gamm Vert etc etc asking for donations. If you'd like one please let me know otherwise feel free to do your own or just go into the shops and ask. Mention L'Europe des Levriers and explain that the medication is being sent to rescue centres in Spain.

Jacqueline

Would acrylic knitting do?  Or would that cause irritation or whatever to the dogs' skins?  I ask because I have a bag of knitted squares sitting in a cupboard but I know that the majority are in acrylic or acrylic/wool mixed.  They are 8" and 8 1/2" squares and I have never got round to doing anything with them.....[:(]

Chrissie (81)

Hi Everyone

If you are in France, do you have or maybe ask around for any old waterproof anoraks? I want to have a go at making doggy coats out of old waterproof anoraks. If anyone has any, please get intouch and we can, hopefully, figure out a way of getting them.

I'm going to ask friends and neighbours and also the local charity association.

Can't wait to get started!

Anna

Archived