Complete France Forum

Sickly Jack Russell

Our 7 year old Jack Russell has recently been vomiting regularly. Usually this is in the middle of the night or early morning and she is not always vomiting up food, just 'bile' I presume. Sometimes she sicks up her food straight after eating, but this is because she 'wolfs' it down very quickly, presumably because she's hungry.

We have taken her to the vet and she was prescribed some tablets (just 4, one a day) and some medicine, again just four day's worth. She is slightly better, but still does it.

To look at her and watch her play and run, you wouldn't know anything is wrong, in fact her behaviour is just the same as it always was except we worry that she's not getting enough nutrition, if the food is not staying down and, obviously, there is something amiss.

We will of course take her back to the vets again if it continues any longer, I just wondered if any of you have any ideas what may be causing it?

Many thanks in advance.

[quote user="Le_Jars"] She's not sick as a direct result of eating a bit of grass I don't think.
[/quote]

Actually that's why dogs eat grass, they do it to make themselves sick!

Sometimes when a dog gets small bones or other material in its stomach that will not digest, it will eat the grass and then sick the whole lot up [+o(]

Its quite normal. But if your dog is being sick for other reasons then you are right to take it to the vet.

If you think that she eats to fast just give her very small amounts and see if see keeps them down. Good luck 

Archived