Complete France Forum

Super-Friendly, Fit, Handsome, Housetrained and Castrated - a new home please!

No - not for me!

Rather our wonderful two and a half year old black cat.  Because of our new two-centre lifestyle we are looking for a home for Carton (he lived in his own cardboard box when he was a kitten).

He loves the countryside and will need a home with a garden or one that backs onto fields/woods etc.  He is the gentlest and most affectionate cat I have ever known and will make somebody a wonderful pet.

We live in the Tarn 81 - right near the border with the Aude 11 and Haute-Garonne 31.  Suffice to say if my wife knows he is off to a good home she will deliver him almost anywhere (though closer would be better)! 

PS Expect the odd tear when we say au revoir

PPS when I have worked out how to post  up a picture of hime I will!

I notice you haven't had any replies - is it perhaps because no-one understands what you mean by a 2-centre lifestyle? (sorry, I don't read a lot of posts)  What sort of commuting journey are you talking about? 

I think most of us would be worried about parting with our family pet - the word being family.  If you really have to rehome Carton, a picture is virtually essential and a bit more background to the family situation might help....[:'(].

I hope Carton finds a good home.

Chrissie (81)

• 2 weeks later...
[IMG]http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll55/Monkmoor/DSCN1702.jpg[/IMG]

"Two centre lifestyle" means we will be living between 2 homes - and Carton is indeed a family pet - who loves hunting and playing in the great outdoors. We feel he would benefit from having a permanent home in the country - rather than travelling between city flat and country house.

Other family history: 

Carton: unknown (he just turned up underweight, scruffy kitten with a boil, crying at our window 3 years ago - we took him in)  He loves people and seems to flirt outrageously with any female visitor (of all ages).  His testicle-free status means his family future looks unlikely ... though he'd make a good addition to your family!

Me: married Brit!

I hope my picture now appears - thanks Coops!

Best of luck - NBC aka indoors cat has adjusted to regular visits to Pension Canine when we visit the UK. BC rather haggard outside cat copes with friends dropping by with food every two or three days. NBC seems to welcome trip as it means seeing vet (female who he rather fancies) and or pension owners

Unfortunately

we would have a little too far to travel - we are in the Charente Maritime -

otherwise we would have loved to have him. We have 3 other cats, two of

which are rescue and two dogs, both of which are rescue. I am sure that he

would have fitted in well.

We

live in the country and in addition to the above we have 8 sheep, 12 chickens and a

cockerel. We are also in the process of seeing about 2 donkeys that are looking

for a new home, but that may not come off.

However,

if you are passing by here, or nearby, then we could offer him a good home.

It could be an option!

We are not immediately about to move (need to find a buyer for our house first) so Carton isn't in any desperate need for a home right now - when the time comes if no one a wee bit closer comes forward then I am sure we will consider the trip up to the Charente - make a bit of a holiday of it.

Carton is not a big fan of car travel - though he'd get used to it I'm sure on the drive North!  So for now the search continues...

Thank you all for your help [:)]

Thank you both for your replies.

If all else fails Ian, and you cannot find him a home nearby, we will be here and

willing to have him.

Incidentally we have found that cats travel much better if they can see out of

the car. When we brought ours from the UK he was put in an open cage - something like a birds cage - and set at

the back window on top of the luggage. Before that he wasn’t a good traveller, but

he coped well with the journey down spending most of the time sitting up

watching the world go by.  [:)]

Archived