Complete France Forum

Water Bill

After all the traumas of my water supply I have now received a bill from STGS (local supply company in Avranches) which is odd. Can anyone help explain - there is no charge for water used, probably because the supply only went in in January.
There is no period of charge stated, except for a 'date de prlvement' of 11th June - six months in - would that be the charge for a 6-month period?
The abonnement charge is divided into two unequal parts, Part Syndicat (41.41) and Part Fermier (40.32) - any idea why?
TVA is at 5.5% (I was expecting full rate)
Oddest of all - there does not seem to be any pay-in slip, just a cut-off section at the bottom of the letter with the details of the bnficiare and the total to pay.
Presumably I just send off a cheque - I'd like to send an RIB, but there is no instruction on this or anywhere to sign.

I'm baffled - anyone can help?

Regards

Dick
BONO ANIMO ES

LAST EDITED ON 15-May-04 AT 04:59 PM (BST)

Well re water charges, I have no idea.

We still have to pay ours by cheque, by cutting off the corner of the bill and sending it along with the cheque to the Percepteur, so this bit sounds perfectly normal to me.

I never pay anything by RIB and never have.

>After all the traumas of my
>water supply I have now
>received a bill from STGS
>(local supply company in Avranches)
>which is odd. Can anyone
>help explain - there is
>no charge for water used,
>probably because the supply only
>went in in January.
>There is no period of charge
>stated, except for a 'date
>de prlvement' of 11th June
>- six months in -
>would that be the charge
>for a 6-month period?
>The abonnement charge is divided into
>two unequal parts, Part Syndicat
>(41.41) and Part Fermier (40.32)
>- any idea why?
>TVA is at 5.5% (I was
>expecting full rate)
>Oddest of all - there does
>not seem to be any
>pay-in slip, just a cut-off
>section at the bottom of
>the letter with the details
>of the bnficiare and the
>total to pay.
>Presumably I just send off a
>cheque - I'd like to
>send an RIB, but there
>is no instruction on this
>or anywhere to sign.
>
>I'm baffled - anyone can help?
>
>
>Regards
>
>Dick
>BONO ANIMO ES

If you want to pay by RIB just send one with the bottom section or better still, set up a direct debit.

Sounds like it is just for standing charges; the division into unequal parts is for the different organisations who get money from the bill, mine is 3 and it's provision only (not sewage which would presumably complicate matters further). Water is charged at 5.5% VAT here too, I imagine the logic is that it is as essential as food...
I get two bills per year, one (current) with an estimated reading (40% of the previous year's consumption) and the other with a meter reading.
Date de prlvement is usually the date on which money is debited from your account - are you sure you haven't already set up a direct debit?

Archived