Complete France Forum

life during the depression

[quote user="carmelle"]

Franklin Park Zoo may have to close

Patrick budget cuts also threaten Stone Zoo Some animals might have to be euthanized....

http://www.boston.com/news/local/massachusetts/articles/2009/07/11/franklin_park_zoo_may_shut_its_doors/

The consequences of the recesssion in America .

What are you thinking about that ?[/quote]

I am thinking that there is more to this than meets the (immediate) eye as there are loads of comments following this article extolling the non-virtue of Deval Patrick. Even some people who voted him in have become dislillusioned: there are some interesting, even vituperative comments.

Sue

also huge increase in animals dumped at Spa/RSPCA/refuges and all over the place -

and practically everyday requests from expats in trouble on forums like this one.

I have tried to ask the question before - is it fair to keep animals alive if they face a life behind bars in refuges?

[quote user="odile"]
I have tried to ask the question before - is it fair to keep animals alive if they face a life behind bars in refuges?
[/quote]

Don't know about zoos but if this animal were to be offered the choice of death or life imprisonment I hope I would have the good sense to choose the former.

John

Archived