Complete France Forum

Kitten looking for a loving home

Hi

Please can anyone give this adorable kitten a loving home? If you can't, please, please ask around.

He was born on the 7th March and I'm asking on behalf of my French friend who lives near St Severin.

Donne contre bons soins adorable chaton mâle , sevré et propre né le 7 mars 2010. I'm only trying to help find a home for this wee chap. I don't mean to sound rude, but I would appreciate if folk would refrain from preaching to me re the benefits of neutering as I'm a responsible pet owner! Many thanks.

Anna

[quote user="Anna"]Hi

Please can anyone give this adorable kitten a loving home? If you can't, please, please ask around.

He was born on the 7th March and I'm asking on behalf of my French friend who lives near St Severin.

Donne contre bons soins adorable chaton mâle , sevré et propre né le 7 mars 2010. I'm only trying to help find a home for this wee chap. I don't mean to sound rude, but I would appreciate if folk would refrain from preaching to me re the benefits of neutering as

I'm a responsible pet owner! Many thanks.

Anna

[/quote]

Oh wow he is adorable!

Hope someone can find themselves wanting to give him a home.

Sue

Yes, Sue, he is just adorable and I hope someone can find a little space in their heart and home to squeeze him in! Just as well I have a sensible hubby (albeit a bit on the grumpy old man side, but we won't go down that road lol!) or I would be overloaded with rescue animals! Please everyone, don't forget to ask around as someone out there might just be waiting for a wee mignon like him (that's the kitten not my hubby by the way ha ha!!)

• 2 weeks later...
Just wanted to let you know the good news....I've found this wee fellow a nice home! Unfortunately, I think there will be more kittens needing homes soon, which I find quite upsetting and frustrating! On that subject, does anyone know if there are any organisations in France which helps people on low incomes have their cats spayed? Think I know what the answer will be but thought it was worth asking, just incase!

Hi ,have you tried the spa? in perpignan there is a dispensaire( not sure what that is in english), if you can prove you are on a low income or jobseeker they will spay cats cheaper than at the vets. maybe there is one in your area?

Quite often people who have refuges have set up a special rate with a local vet and they might be able to help you. SPAs or other private refuges.

Spaying is the key, I am sure. I was talking to a girl recently who said that her grandma's cat has had numerous litters of kittens as her grandma is waiting for a pure white kitten, and in the meantime all the kittens are being drowned. I said "I'll but the woman a pure white kitten if she will have her cat spayed!". Needless to say my offer was refused. I despair!

Yes, just crazy isn't it?!! I just wondered about the help with spaying so that, if there was, I could suggest it to my French friend. She has two adult female cats so this is an ongoing problem.It does irritate me when I see her smoking like a chimney and yet no money to spay her cats but, of course, I can't mention that!! I just don't get it, after all, it only has to be paid once and that's the end of all the kitten hassle! POf course she now thinks I have a magic wand I just wave et voila, a kind English (yes, she told me she thinks the English are kind to their animals lol) family appear!PS I've to take our dog to the vet next week for his annual boosters, so I'll ask the vet if he does it cheaper for low income families or if he knows of an association who might.

• 4 weeks later...
[quote user="Anna"]Just wanted to let you know the good news....I've found this wee fellow a nice home! Unfortunately, I think there will be more kittens needing homes soon, which I find quite upsetting and frustrating! On that subject, does anyone know if there are any organisations in France which helps people on low incomes have their cats spayed? Think I know what the answer will be but thought it was worth asking, just incase![/quote]

Depends where you live - in Tarn-et-Garonne there is just such an organisation, Les amis des chats.

Their web site is at www.les-amis-des-chats.com, and they've been giving out "Bons de Stérilisation" to people in their area on low incomes for ten years now.

They also run "trap-neuter-return" programmes for feral cats, and run a re-homing programme for abandoned cats and kittens using a network of foster homes.

Support is always appreciated.

Archived