Complete France Forum

Pet Passports - Final Check

Stuart

Evenin' all

Advice needed please.

We are due to bring our 2 dogs out for their first ever cross channel trip on Saturday 8th May and I just want to make sure that we have done everything right - we don't want any nasty surprises when we try to come back on the 23rd May.

1. We have got signed and stamped PETS 1 and PETS 5 certificates for each dog. They come into effect on 17 May - six months after the successful blood test was taken.
2. We have the yellow PETS 3 certificates ready to be completed on the day we return.
3. We will be booking an appointment on the 22nd May with the vet in Domfront that Pauline Giggins was kind enough to recommend, so that we can have the tick and tapeworm treatment.

Can you think of anything that we might have missed? Blimey, I wasn't as nervous as this when we transferred the purchase money over!

Stuart

If you haven't already done so you should treat your dogs with Frontline before you go to protect against ticks during your saty. They are very common in Spring. Check your dogs regularly while you're in France and remove any ticks you find.
I always take photocopies of the PETS1 and PETS5 certificates just in case something happens to the originals. Not valid for use, I know, but it should help if they have to be replaced.
Don't forget the timing of the tapewrom/tick treatment.
Don't worry!
I've crossed loads of times with my dog.
Bernice

Archived