Complete France Forum

Early rabies jab

cheryl

We took our dogs for their normal boosters today (never been a problem before) and for some reason the vet took it in her head to also give them rabies boosters. When I realised, I told her that they'd only had rabies boosters last December (in the UK where they are valid for 2 years).
She said that it was no problem for the dogs, but can anyone confirm if that's right, or could there be any adverse reactions/side effects to them having the boosters 17 months early. We're feeling a bit anxious about it
Cheryl

If your dogs reside in France and they will be travelling back to the UK, then they will need their boosters every year and the necessary forms issued at this time. ie you get a jab on the 21st of July, then you will need the booster done next year by the 20th of July 2005. If you don't get it done then you would have to get the blood tests done again and start afresh.

Sorry I have no idea as to whether it will harm the animals if they had their boosters early. So the pet passport we had issued 10 years ago does at least work in the respect that there are pages for all the vaccinations and the vet would have realised when the last one was done. Not that anyone else has ever asked to see the aforesaid pet passport.

Archived