Complete France Forum

Post forwarding to the Uk

Am about to complete on my french property and will need to ensure all post (mainly bills i guess!) gets sent on to me in the UK.
Will utility companies accept a UK address to mail to?
What is the French name for the mail redirection service that i need to take out at La Poste and how much can i expect to pay for it?
Thanks in advance.

All Utility bills, Bank statements can be sent to an UK address if requested. Also do not forget to contact your Centre D'impots so they can send your Taxes D'Habitation and Fonciere also to your UK address as late payments will result in an automatic fine.

At the same time set up Direct Debits with all companies including TV licence as this will save a great deal of aggravation and prevent late payments.

Baz

We have EDF and Saur bills sent to us in UK. Pay by cheque by return - so far no problems. Mairie and local Notaire have our UK address on file. French bank account, again UK address, do all banking on-line but correspondence has been sent to UK when necessary, ie. cheque book and card.

Taxes - yikes! Didn't tell anyone and having just read the first post guess I'd better get on with that.

Archived