Complete France Forum

Pont-Aven car deck

Bernice

What are your experiences of travelling with pets on the Pont-Aven? Ive just seen a posting on the Go-Brittany forum. The person said that when they travelled recently with their dogs the temperature on the car deck was very high when they boarded. BF assured them that it would get cooler once they were underway but when they went down to check on them 2 hours into the voyage it was still very hot , their dogs were distressed and needed more water. Even the BF crew member commented on how hot it was there.
Im travelling with my dog on the Pont-Aven next week!
Bernice

I haven't travelled on that particular ship, though I can't see any reason why the vehicle deck should be any hotter than on any other vessel. It may be so on the freight deck, which is closer to the engines, but engine rooms are generally well ventilated (they have to be, there are crew working in there).

Pont Aven has kennels for animals on the car deck, and my information says that Brittany Ferries prefers to put animals in the kennels rather than leave them in cars. It's a better environment for the animals, and it's easier to keep an eye on their welfare.

Will (50)
Forum moderator

Archived