Complete France Forum

Dog refuge - Normandy?

Linnorton

Does anyone know of a dog refuge in Manche other than the SPA at Cherbourg.  We've acquired a stray, he's a very nice little dog but unfortunately he can't stay and we've had no luck in finding his owners.  I seem to remember reading something about the SPA that wasn't to their credit but can't remember what it was.  If anyone knows of an alternative I'd be very grateful to know about it.

[quote]Does anyone know of a dog refuge in Manche other than the SPA at Cherbourg. We've acquired a stray, he's a very nice little dog but unfortunately he can't stay and we've had no luck in finding his ow...[/quote]

Hi Check your earlier message, someone wanted to know where you are.

Keep plugging away, there are good people out there who will give the dog a home.

Julia

Thanks for the encouragement, we will keep trying to find someone to take him. I think he's probably the responsibility of the Mairie although the village committee seem to find the whole thing very amusing.  We call him Pierre and the vet says he is "more or less a poodle." Loves going out in the car particularly if he can sit in the grandchildrens' baby seat but as my husband keeps pointing out "he's not our dog."

Archived