Complete France Forum

Dog Insurance?

Carolski

Help please!

We've been here over three months now with our 6 year old West Highland terrier. She has always been insured in UK, is totally up to date with jabs, pet passport etc, wormed, frontlined,steralised, microchipped, the lot. Cannot believe the hassle I'm having with a certain French insurance company over insuring her here. We have our car, household and buildings insurance with them. For some reason, best known to them, they have refused to insure her after 3 months of sending all nessesary docs, info and Vets 'clean bill of health' report, which incidentally cost me 20 Euro's. My French is OK, but from what I understand, they have not allowed it because there was a 'delay' in sending something back. As far as I was concerned, the only delay was theirs! Any suggestions?

Carole:

When I first moved over here I looked into insurance (with AGF). It was quite a bit cheaper that the UK Petplan I had previously, but also was quite limited on max payments in a year.

I was mainly looking for 3rd party and was told that this is included in my house insurance (though do check if it relevant to you) and that the dog insurance was vet bills only.

You could try AGF - they had a little brochure about it. Their agents should be in the phone book (but I can send you details of one if you need details - e-mail me)

Archived