Complete France Forum

Careful with UK Solicitors

LAST EDITED ON 12-Jul-04 AT 10:33 AM (BST) by ForumAdmin (admin)

We just took possession on our house in France(yea!)in spite of receiving absolutely no help from a UK based Solicitor for which we paid 1,300. They did absolutely nothing outside of sending us a report at the last minute after many phone calls that consisted of about 12 paragraphs with a covering letter with question marks because they had no idea of payments etc.. Please beware, if you feel the need to use one of these firms perhaps get a reference. I am so angry and feel we were totally taken for a ride.

It sounds like the solicitor we used. We only paid 400 up front and I have refused to pay her the balance of 500 because she did naff all except delay the proceedings by about 3 months. Funnily enough she hasn't pursued it!

Kesi

We also used a chocolate teapot, totally usless and the final signing was almost cancelled during the appointment as they had not faxed the documents through and I had to phone on my mobile phone to get them to phone the Notaire and then fax documents etc. Add to that the bank had sent the money through but had NOT put any reference on it and it was a stressful afternoon.

But as they say - Alls well that ends well.

Di
http://www.iceni-it.co.uk

Archived