Complete France Forum

Help - in Dept 64

Jrussell

Dear Jack Russell lovers

My owners have to return suddenly to the UK but I can't go with them because they will live in a city and I grew up knowing only the countryside and having lots of space to run and play. I know it makes them very sad.

I was born here in France I'll be 2 years old in June and they tell me I'm very gentle and  playful and still very puppyish. I'm very aware of my pedigree and have my own passport with details of my anti-rabies and blood-tests etc.

They tell me I'm the original long-legged "Parson" Jack Russell and I'm predominantly white with brown markings on my back and head.

I wish I could go with them but I'm sure, as they say, its not in my interests and all that traffic and being cooped up...

I know I would adapt quickly to a new loving home where I could live indoors .. and maybe have some companions. I'm never nasty to cats but I do wish they would play with me more.

Can you help??

Jacques

[quote]Dear Jack Russell lovers My owners have to return suddenly to the UK but I can't go with them because they will live in a city and I grew up knowing only the countryside and having lots of space to r...[/quote]

This will probably upset some people and then again most dog lovers will see the point. I am a two year old dog, I love my owners and would follow them to the end of the earth. I don't care where I live and I don't care in what conditions I live, as long as I am with the people I love. I am loyal, kind and offer unconditional love. What is the problem with people?

Posted by a Devoted Dog Owner

I don’t know about the nature of Jack Russells but I know that country to city can be difficult for Border Collies (and maybe some other breeds). I nearly gave a home to a Border Collie who had been brought-up in the country and had moved to the city with his owner (divorce meant “Mum” was moving in with daughter in the city). The dog was being re-homed because he was now totally miserable. The owner very much wanted to keep him (no problems with dog in daughter’s house, nothing like that) and was really upset about having to re-home him. It was just that the dog had been used to so much more freedom and could not get on in the city. They had tried for several months but he was just desperately unhappy.

I guess different individuals will react differently and maybe some breeds are better at adapting to certain situations than others.

Archived