Complete France Forum

do I need a dog-guard

dandaz

hello dandaz

this is olive of olive and dave this is my first post .

regarding a dog guard .not allowed i dont think .you need a dog cage .if you get in touch with defra on their website

http://www.defra.gov.uk/ 

they will tell you what you need or give you atelephone no of who to get in touch with if any problems get back to me as i have got our three cats sorted out with their pet passports cage and all

olive daves in bed with three cats  bless

I really don't understand your question.  With a dog in the boot...?  Surely you don't intend to travel with your dog incarcerated in the boot of your car?

If you mean do you need some form of cage or other in your car to transport your pet, then the answer is no.   I travel to France regularly, as I have a holiday home here, and my dog stays in the car.  As I have an estate car I have a dog guard, and he has his duvet on the floor behind the rear seats.  When I carry a load the rear seats are folded down and Charley has his duvet immediately behind my seat in which case the dog guard is not used.  Both of these apply when the car is on the ferry.  I do have a dog harness, but he is Houdini like and always manages to escape from it so I have just given up.

I really don't understand your question.  With a dog in the boot...?  Surely you don't intend to travel with your dog incarcerated in the boot of your car?

Hi

No, I have a estate car as well, I meant back ....

So no....wahay...

Hi Olive.....

Mick..

Guest CFrost
Hi, I asked this question some time ago and found I didn't need a dog guard. However, I have invested in a dog harness for her own safety when travelling ( emergency stops etc!!)   

'I really don't understand your question.  With a dog in the boot...?  Surely you don't intend to travel with your dog incarcerated in the boot of your car?'

.............................The last time I took my dogs to kennels, I was amazed to see an old boy open the boot of his saloon car to put in his dog. The kennel owner didn't bat an eyelid, nor, it must be said, did the dog!!!  Speaking of unusual travelling spaces, a friend bought her husband a donkey for his 40th birthday, and had it delivered in the back of a Post-office van, all tied up with a red ribbon!!! (they both work for La Poste!)

Regards

Chris

Archived