Complete France Forum

english bull terrier not dangerous

cary

thanks everyone for their advice, phoned my vet and the "english bull terrier" is not a dangerous dog here in france, she has a list of dangerous dogs there.  The vet mentioned that the french people see a dog that looks a certain build and they presume it is a dangerous dog, well have to admit they are a bit scary and ugly looking. 

I am glad to hear this for you as I am an animal lover too. As I said, some breeds look very much like others that are known to be dangerous and getting it clarified was the best thing to do. I would keep the written attestation from the vet with you and make copies too so if anyone tries to cause trouble,you can show them.

thanks Val.  I'm quite relieved actually, was a bit worried for a short time!  But yes copies of this would be good, although it seems those who really count should already have a list of dangerous dogs.  We don't go out much with him as we don't need to, it was a one off he was in the car when we went to school.  We luckily have enough land for him to run around here.

Archived